Inclement Weather and Emergency Closing Policy
Regularly Scheduled Worship Services
1. The personal safety of our community is of utmost importance, especially during and after adverse weather conditions. Attendees are urged in the strongest terms possible to use their own discretion and judgment at all times in determining if conditions warrant attendance to regular worship services.
2. In such conditions, it shall be at the Senior Pastor’s discretion whether to hold, or cancel regularly scheduled worship services.
3. The Senior Pastor will call the Chair of Deacons or another local board chair to inquire about the adverse weather that is impacting Bolton CT.
4. The Senior Pastor will then make the determination as to whether to hold services or cancel. If services are canceled the Senior Pastor will notify the Moderator and the Chair of Deacons.
5. An Email blast will be sent to all members on the email list of the cancelation, and Facebook and Instagram will be updated.
6. The Chair Moderator should notify NBC CT, WFSB and Fox 61 through the online systems of the closing.
7. If the potential for adverse weather exists, church staff shall notify the church community as to current status regardless whether or not services are to be canceled. At a minimum this shall be done through updates to the church’s website and emails no later than 6am of the day in question.
8. In all adverse weather notifications to the church community, church staff is urged to use the following (or similar) statement: “We ask that you please use your personal discretion to determine if it is safe for you to leave your home and travel to church.”
Other Church Activities
1. The personal safety of our community is of utmost importance, especially during and after adverse weather conditions. Attendees are urged in the strongest terms possible to use their own discretion and judgment at all times in determining if conditions warrant attendance to other church activities.
2. In such conditions, it shall be at the Board Chair’s discretion whether to hold or cancel the group activity put on by a specific board or committee.
3. Board Chair is responsible for notifying those involved in the activity.
COVID 19 CLOSING
1. Covid 19 infections are on the rise once again, because of this we will need to reevaluate many of our daily operations if and when it were to come to that. The personal safety of our community is of the utmost importance, especially when it comes to the Covid 19 infection. All Church attendees are urged in the strongest terms possible to use their own discretion and judgment at all times in determining if conditions warrant any changes in
2. If and only if the CDC recommends required masks due to the Covid 19 virus, will Bolton Congregational Church mandate any masks in any of their facilities.
3. If and only if the CDC Recommends required closings due to the Covid 19 virus, will Bolton Congregational Church, UCC mandate any required closing of church facilities.
4. In the event either mandated closing or mandated masks are required by the CDC, all church participants will be notified via our website and social media accounts and an Email Blast will be sent informing of any mandates put into place.
1. Emergencies happen, through fire, the need for ambulances, police etc. because of this, the below emergency response plan is enacted to ensure all church participants know of the process for such emergencies.
2. In the event of an emergency the Senior Pastor should be notified immediately, if this is a non life threatening emergency, the Senior Pastor should be notified prior to any authorities. Once the Pastor is notified, any and all required authorities should be
notified. If a life threatening emergency or a fire, proper authorities must be called and then the Senior Pastor notified immediately.
3. The Senior Pastor will notify the moderator, and Chair of Deacons as well as the Chair of Stewardship of any and all emergencies taking place at the church.
4. In the event of evacuation, the offices will immediately be closed and the Social Media accounts will be utilized to announce the closure, a Church Chirp will also be sent at this time.
5. No member of the church, except the Senior Pastor should talk to any emergency authority, news crews etc. The Senior Pastor will speak with all authorities required. In the event the Senior Pastor is deposed the Moderator will assume this responsibility. In the Event the Moderator is deposed, the Chair of Deacons will assume this responsibility. Under no circumstance should any member, staff, or volunteer of the church make any
statements to authorities without the express permission of the Senior Pastor.
6. In the event insurance companies need to be notified, only the Chief Executive officer of the church may make such notifications on behalf of the church. In the absence of the CFO, the Moderator May make such notifications.
7. Under no circumstances may any member, staff, church leader or vendor of Bolton Congregational Church UCC, make any suggestions, or give any input into the rationale of why an emergency took place. For example, in the event of a break in, no one should speak to police except the Senior Pastor, and no one should offer up ideas as to how the break in occurred or why. By doing so, inadvertently, individuals can null any and all